“We shouldn’t ask: what does a person need to know or be able to do in order to fit into the existing social order? Instead we should ask: what lives in each human being and what can be developed in him or her? Only then, will it be possible to direct the new qualities of each emerging generation…” – Rudolf Steiner
Journey School is committed to educating the whole child and endeavors to foster the unfolding of each student’s full potential. Journey’s curriculum places equal emphasis on a solid academic foundation, artistic expression, social development, and attention to the inner life of the child. While closely integrated with California State Standards, Journey School adheres to the following educational philosophy:
- A developmental approach.
- A classical yet innovative curriculum.
- A creative, imaginative, and Steiner-inspired program.
- A high degree of student engagement
- A close, long-term relationship with teachers.
- A cooperative learning experience.
- A strong focus on respect, responsibility, rigor and compassion.