Journey School is now hiring for the following position:
Handwork Assistant and Campus Supervision
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for providing support to the Handwork Teacher and for various Campus Supervision shifts.
- Experience working with children in a structured setting
- Ability to effectively supervise children in the absence of the Handwork Teacher
- Skills and experience in Crafts, Sewing, Knitting, Textiles, etc.
- Experience or active interest in Waldorf teaching methods
- Health and Safety Training (Current CPR and First Aid certification, Blood-borne Pathogen Training, TB clearance)
- Early Childhood Education and/or Teacher training
SALARY AND HOURS: The position is hourly and part-time, (approximately 10 hours per week). This is variable and based on current needs and budget. Hourly rate based on experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Please see below for a list of responsibilities or click here for the complete job description.
- Assist in all areas deemed necessary by the Handwork Teacher, such as…
- Preparing arts/crafts/materials/etc. for each class
- Helping children with Handwork projects including leading small groups through an activity
- Preparing/researching materials for upcoming projects
- Assisting with Handwork projects between classes as needed (e.g. repairs, assembly, etc.)
- Classroom management and redirecting children using age-appropriate discipline strategies
- Help children with conflict resolution and problem solving
- Occasional organization during and at times after school, summer or holiday to be paid at hourly rate.
- Participate in occasional conference with administration, teachers, parents, and other school staff to be paid at hourly rate.
- Occasional supervision of class with and without the Handwork Teacher present
- Other duties as assigned by administration and/or Teacher
- Provide student supervision and help to uphold student code of conduct during recess, lunch and at the lunch tables
- Provide student supervision on campus immediately after dismissal to help ensure students that remain on campus are enrolled in an after-school program or with their parent or guardian
- Direct traffic in the parking lot and front cul-de-sac when assigned
- Other duties as assigned by administration
- Professional growth in Waldorf Education and Handwork (e.g. workshops, literature, self-study)
- Attend meetings when requested
- Parent Education
- Class Parent
- Weekly Faculty Meeting
- Specialty Teacher Meeting
- Contribute to evaluation process
For information about the available position, please contact our School Director, Gavin Keller, at (949) 448-7232.
Interested candidates are invited to read these documents thoroughly before applying:
To apply: Submit a completed Faculty Employment Application, resume, two professional letters of recommendation from school leaders who observed your teaching, university transcripts, credentials, certifications, and questions to email@example.com.
Please do not apply for employment if you are not a team player, proactive, and ready to give your best 10 out of 10 days.
Faculty Employment Application Instructions: Click here to download our Faculty Employment Application. This form can be viewed and printed with Adobe Reader. To save a copy of your completed application, and/or email it to Journey School, the latest free version of Adobe Reader is required. Click here to download Adobe Reader XI >> http://get.adobe.com/reader/.