THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOURNEY SCHOOL
Journey School is a tuition-free, Waldorf charter school located in Aliso Viejo, California. All students must reside in the state of California with placement preference given to students who live within the Capistrano Unified School District. Open Enrollment for 2013-2014 is from November 1, 2012 through February 28, 2013. On March 14, 2013, our public lottery will take place on campus to fill any available spaces.
UPCOMING 2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
The application window for the 2013-2014 school year has closed and applications are no longer being accepted. Journey School values your child’s education and makes every effort to accommodate all interested families. Therefore, if you would like to place your child’s name on an interest list should any enrollment opportunities emerge, please email your child’s name and birth date to Kris Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the most up-to-date information about enrollment at Journey School, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and check our website often.
CURRENT 2012 – 2013 SCHOOL YEAR
All kindergarten and grades classes are closed for the current school year.
7 WAYS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore our innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read about our Waldorf Teacher Training program
- See what specialty classes we offer
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
ALUMNI SPEAK ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
In their own words, read what Journey School alumni valued about their public Waldorf education at Journey School:
- each child has an individual opportunity to flourish in a safe and accepting familial community
- the ties between the students and teacher are not ones of a fleeting grade
- prepared me to problem-solve, to create, and to innovate
- honed the characteristics of patience, respect and acceptance in each of its students, and I continue to value the high moral code
- values the child as a unique being and holds the art of acceptance close to one’s heart
- open-minded instructors, creative curriculum, time in nature, and the many festivals which helped me come of age in healthy ways—including: class plays, Medieval Games, and the Pentathlon
Read more about our education and learn from our alumni by reading our JourneySchool.net blog!
From the beginning, Journey has drawn students from throughout Orange County and northern San Diego Counties. Approximately eighty percent of Journey’s students reside within Capistrano Unified School District, and the remainder come from nearby areas such as Irvine, Laguna Beach, Saddleback and even as far away as Santa Ana and north San Diego County. The school has always leased facilities from CUSD, including the current location at the former Foxborough Elementary site. Despite challenges due to past relocation (the school moved from San Clemente in 2004-05), Journey has drawn a committed community of parents and teachers to participate in this progressive educational opportunity. Journey has grown from a small start up school of enthusiastic and inspired parents and teachers to a full-fledged learning community that is well positioned for the future.