THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOURNEY SCHOOL
Journey School is a tuition-free, Waldorf charter school located in Aliso Viejo, California. Applicants must reside in the state of California with placement preference given to students who live within the Capistrano Unified School District.
UPCOMING 2014 – 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Journey School will add a second 4th Grade class in 2014-15. There may be opportunities for placement. A second 5th Grade class will not be added until 2015-16. We are currently accepting applications for Grades 4 and 5 in light of the 4th Grade expansion and to build healthy wait lists. All applications are due to Kris Reynolds in the Enrollment office no later than April 30 at 4:00 PM to be considered. This is a firm deadline. ONLY GRADE 4 and GRADE 5 APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The “special” public lottery will be held on Wednesday, May 7th at 3:30pm to determine the 4th and 5th grade wait lists. Contact Kris Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: The current application (below) requires a school tour or tour appointment prior to submission of the application. For our current 4th & 5th Grade application window, we will temporarily waive the tour requirement. However, all applicants will be required to take a post-lottery tour during the 2014-2015 tour season (October 2014 – February 2015) in order for their child to be eligible to remain on the wait list. Should a new applicant be admitted to a class as a result of the special lottery, an individual tour will be provided for the family prior to the child’s start date.
Download the 2014-2015 Application here. (Only 4th and 5th Grade applications will be accepted)
CURRENT 2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All classes and waiting lists for the current school year are full. Applications are no longer being considered for the 2013-14 school year.
8 WAYS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore our innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read about our Waldorf Teacher Training program
- See what specialty classes we offer
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
ALUMNI SPEAK ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
In their own words, read what Journey School alumni valued about their public Waldorf education at Journey School:
- each child has an individual opportunity to flourish in a safe and accepting familial community
- the ties between the students and teacher are not ones of a fleeting grade
- prepared me to problem-solve, to create, and to innovate
- honed the characteristics of patience, respect and acceptance in each of its students, and I continue to value the high moral code
- values the child as a unique being and holds the art of acceptance close to one’s heart
- open-minded instructors, creative curriculum, time in nature, and the many festivals which helped me come of age in healthy ways—including: class plays, Medieval Games, and the Pentathlon
Read more about our education and learn from our alumni by reading our JourneySchool.net blog!