THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOURNEY SCHOOL
Journey School is a tuition-free, Waldorf charter school located in Aliso Viejo, California. All applicants must reside in the state of California with placement preference given to students who live within the Capistrano Unified School District.
CURRENT 2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All classes and waiting lists for the current school year are closed. We are no longer accepting applications or adding new students to waiting lists for the 2013-14 school year.
UPCOMING 2014 – 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
All interested applicants for the 2014-2015 school year must attend a tour and apply to the 2014-15 Lottery during the application window which began on October 1, 2013 and will continue through February 2014. All completed applications submitted within the application window will be entered into the Journey School public Lottery that will take place on Thursday, March 13, 2014.
Sign-up for a Tour
Walk Through the Grades tours will be offered each Wednesday while school is in session. Wednesday tours are from 8:30-10:45 a.m. Additional tour dates and times will be offered in February 2014 (TBA) for those who are unable to attend a Wednesday morning tour. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for a tour reservation. Tours are for adults only and space is limited.
Who is Eligible?
Children are eligible for our 2014-2015 Kindergarten if their 5th birthday is on or before December 2, 2014. For the most up-to-date information about enrollment at Journey School, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter and check our website often.
8 WAYS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore our innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read about our Waldorf Teacher Training program
- See what specialty classes we offer
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
ALUMNI SPEAK ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
In their own words, read what Journey School alumni valued about their public Waldorf education at Journey School:
- each child has an individual opportunity to flourish in a safe and accepting familial community
- the ties between the students and teacher are not ones of a fleeting grade
- prepared me to problem-solve, to create, and to innovate
- honed the characteristics of patience, respect and acceptance in each of its students, and I continue to value the high moral code
- values the child as a unique being and holds the art of acceptance close to one’s heart
- open-minded instructors, creative curriculum, time in nature, and the many festivals which helped me come of age in healthy ways—including: class plays, Medieval Games, and the Pentathlon
Read more about our education and learn from our alumni by reading our JourneySchool.net blog!