THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOURNEY SCHOOL
Journey School is a tuition-free, Waldorf charter school located in Aliso Viejo, California. Applications will be accepted from all California residents with placement preference given to students who live within the Capistrano Unified School District.
CURRENT 2014 – 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
ALL KINDERGARTEN AND GRADES CLASSES FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR ARE CLOSED. Journey School is no longer accepting applications for the 2014-15 school year and wait lists are closed. Applications for 2015-16 will be available soon.
2015-16 SCHOOL YEAR
The next opportunity to apply for placement at Journey School is during the 2015-2016 application window that begins on October 1, 2014 and ends on February 20, 2015 at 3:00 PM. School tours are required and must be completed during the same school year for which you are applying. We are currently in the process of moving the application process online. Please check back soon to register for a tour and start the application process.
8 WAYS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore our innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read about our Waldorf Teacher Training program
- See what specialty classes we offer
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
ALUMNI SPEAK ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
In their own words, read what Journey School alumni valued about their public Waldorf education at Journey School:
- each child has an individual opportunity to flourish in a safe and accepting familial community
- the ties between the students and teacher are not ones of a fleeting grade
- prepared me to problem-solve, to create, and to innovate
- honed the characteristics of patience, respect and acceptance in each of its students, and I continue to value the high moral code
- values the child as a unique being and holds the art of acceptance close to one’s heart
- open-minded instructors, creative curriculum, time in nature, and the many festivals which helped me come of age in healthy ways—including: class plays, Medieval Games, and the Pentathlon
Read more about our education and learn from our alumni by reading our JourneySchool.net blog!