THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN JOURNEY SCHOOL
Journey School is a tuition-free, Waldorf charter school located in Aliso Viejo, California. All applicants must reside in the state of California with placement preference given to students who live within the Capistrano Unified School District.
CURRENT 2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
All classes and waiting lists for the current school year are closed. We are no longer accepting applications or adding new students to waiting lists for the 2013-14 school year.
UPCOMING 2014 – 2015 SCHOOL YEAR
We are no longer accepting Lottery Applications for the 2014-15 school year. Our public lottery will be held on March 13th at 3:30pm in Journey School’s Multipurpose Room. All are welcome, however, applicants are not required to attend the lottery. All applicants will be contacted the week after the lottery with results.
8 WAYS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore our innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read about our Waldorf Teacher Training program
- See what specialty classes we offer
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
ALUMNI SPEAK ABOUT JOURNEY SCHOOL
In their own words, read what Journey School alumni valued about their public Waldorf education at Journey School:
- each child has an individual opportunity to flourish in a safe and accepting familial community
- the ties between the students and teacher are not ones of a fleeting grade
- prepared me to problem-solve, to create, and to innovate
- honed the characteristics of patience, respect and acceptance in each of its students, and I continue to value the high moral code
- values the child as a unique being and holds the art of acceptance close to one’s heart
- open-minded instructors, creative curriculum, time in nature, and the many festivals which helped me come of age in healthy ways—including: class plays, Medieval Games, and the Pentathlon
Read more about our education and learn from our alumni by reading our JourneySchool.net blog!