Journey School is a tuition-free and donation-dependent Public Waldorf Charter School in Orange County, California. Journey’s program uniquely blends academics, arts, and ethics in a wholesome environment. We are very pleased you are interested in applying for admissions at Journey School, the first charter school in the high performing Capistrano Unified School District.
Enrollment for the 2014-15 School Year
All classes are closed. No applications or wait list requests will be accepted for the current 2014-15 school year.
Enrollment for the 2015-16 School Year
2015-16 enrollment applications will be available soon. Please check back in a few weeks or sign up to receive our e-newsletter and look for an announcement that the online application is available. Applications must be complete before February 20, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. Therefore, please take the following action steps before you submit a Lottery Application:
- Spend time carefully reading through the website, links, and Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Sign up early and attend a mandatory school tour during the 2014-15 academic school year prior to the February 20, 2015 Lottery Application deadline. The adult-only tour is offered each Wednesday (while school is in session) from 8:30-11am starting October 1, 2014. Email email@example.com to choose your tour date as space is limited during peak enrollment times.
- Be sure to complete the entire online application (available soon) and tour before the deadline on February 20, 2015. Click here for an overview of the application process.
- Required documents for the application include the student’s birth certificate and proof of residency.
Make An Informed Decision
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
Once again, thanks for your inquiry into Journey School. We’re excited for your interest. The enrollment process is a wonderful opportunity for your family to reflect upon your educational values and aspirations. It also marks the beginning of our partnership with all parents. As a reminder, lottery applications for 2015-16 are not yet available as we are migrating to an online system. Please check back soon. In the meantime, do subscribe to our newsletter, check out our calendar of events, and sign up for a mandatory tour at firstname.lastname@example.org .