Journey School is a tuition-free and donation-dependent Public Waldorf Charter School in Orange County, California. Journey’s program uniquely blends academics, arts, and ethics in a wholesome environment. We are very pleased you are interested in applying for admissions at Journey School, the first charter school in the high performing Capistrano Unified School District.
LOTTERY NOTICE: If you submitted an application to the 2016-2017 Lottery, please look for an email dated March 18th with more information about your child’s application status. To accept a placement offer or to confirm your place on our Wait List, please visit your parent portal at www.journeyschoolenrollment.com.
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. Therefore, please take the following action steps before you submit a Lottery Application:
- Spend time carefully reading through the website, links, and Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Sign up early and attend a mandatory school tour during the 2015-16 academic school year prior to the February 29, 2016 Lottery Application deadline. The adult-only tour is offered each Wednesday (while school is in session) from 8:30-11am from October through February. To sign up for a tour, click on the application link below, create a parent profile, and choose your tour date. Please sign up for a tour early as space is limited during peak enrollment times.
- Be sure to complete the entire online application and tour before the deadline on February 29, 2016. Click here for an overview of the application process.
- Required documents for the application include the student’s birth certificate and current proof of residency.
Make An Informed Decision
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
Once again, thanks for your inquiry into Journey School. We’re excited for your interest. The enrollment process is a wonderful opportunity for your family to reflect upon your educational values and aspirations. It also marks the beginning of our partnership with all parents.