Journey School is a tuition-free and donation-dependent public charter school in Orange County, California. Journey’s program uniquely blends academics, arts, and ethics in a wholesome environment. We are very pleased you are interested in applying for admissions at Journey School, the first charter school in the high performing Capistrano Unified School District.
Enrollment update for the 2017-2018 School Year
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year, except for Independent Study.
If you are interested in applying for Independent Study for your Kindergarten through 3rd grade child, please email us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about Journey School’s home-based Independent Study Program
Prospective Parents for the 2018-19 School Year:
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. Therefore, please take the following action steps before you submit a Lottery Application:
- Spend time carefully reading through the website, links, and Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Sign up early and attend a mandatory school tour during the 2017-18 academic school year prior to the Lottery Application deadline in February. The adult-only tour is offered on select Wednesdays (while school is in session) from 8:30-11am from October through February.
- Be sure to complete the entire online application and tour before the deadline on February 28, 2017. Click here for an overview of the application process.
- Required documents for the application include birth certificate (or other proof of birth date) and current proof of residency.
Make An Informed Decision
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
Once again, thanks for your inquiry into Journey School. We’re excited for your interest. The enrollment process is a wonderful opportunity for your family to reflect upon your educational values and aspirations. It also marks the beginning of our partnership with all parents.