Journey School is a tuition-free and donation-dependent Public Waldorf Charter School in Orange County, California. Journey’s program uniquely blends academics, arts, and ethics in a wholesome environment. We are very pleased you are interested in applying for admissions at Journey School, the first charter school in the high performing Capistrano Unified School District.
Enrollment for the 2014-15 School Year
All classes are closed. No applications or wait list requests will be accepted for the current 2014-15 school year.
Enrollment for the 2015-16 School Year
We are now accepting Lottery Applications for the 2015-16 school year. The deadline to submit a Lottery Application is February 20, 2015. On March 18, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. we will hold a random, public lottery (we will receive many more applications than we have spaces available). **Parents must also attend a mandatory school tour in order for an application to be eligible for the lottery.
Lottery Applications and school tours must be completed before February 20, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Please read the prospective parent section below for the link to the application. We also encourage you to sign up to receive our e-newsletter to stay informed about important enrollment updates.
As a school of choice with unique offerings and high expectations, it is important that you are well informed prior to applying. Therefore, please take the following action steps before you submit a Lottery Application:
- Spend time carefully reading through the website, links, and Frequently Asked Questions about the lottery.
- Sign up early and attend a mandatory school tour during the 2014-15 academic school year prior to the February 20, 2015 Lottery Application deadline. The adult-only tour is offered each Wednesday (while school is in session) from 8:30-11am starting October 1, 2014. In addition, Tuesday tours will be offered beginning January 27th through February 10th. To sign up for a tour, click on the application link below, create a parent profile, and choose your tour date. Please sign up for a tour early as space is limited during peak enrollment times.
- Be sure to complete the entire online application and tour before the deadline on February 20, 2015. Click here for an overview of the application process.
- Required documents for the application include the student’s birth certificate and current proof of residency.
Make An Informed Decision
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter
- Read Chapter 2 of our School Charter document to better understand our educational program
- Read Journey School Quick Guide for Prospective Parents
- Watch videos and read research on public Waldorf education
- Explore innovative programs in Eco-Literacy, Digital Literacy, and Social Literacy
- Read the 5 Points of Parent Participation (PDF)
Once again, thanks for your inquiry into Journey School. We’re excited for your interest. The enrollment process is a wonderful opportunity for your family to reflect upon your educational values and aspirations. It also marks the beginning of our partnership with all parents.