The mission of the Journey School Foundation is to support, sustain and grow Journey School.
Journey delivers innovative, powerful programs built upon its core mission to make an integrated, whole-child education based on the Core Principles of Public Waldorf education accessible to all children. Most schools that utilize this teaching methodology are prohibitively expensive for middle-class families. Journey–as part of a larger movement of over 1000 schools–strives to make this transformative education accessible to all.
Journey School Foundation donations:
a. Support Journey School’s Specialties Programs , the programs that teach the mind by engaging the hands and hearts of each child.
b. Enable community fundraising and development efforts to occur outside the parent body, by providing resources for a Development Office.
c. Fund the search for and help secure a permanent campus solution worthy of the children, so we have place to grow into our future.
To learn more or to schedule a tour of Journey School, please email your inquiry to email@example.com.
Journey School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Tax ID 33-0913720) wholly dedicated to supporting Journey School.
Established in early 2012, the Foundation Board meets for regular, public board meetings on the second Monday of each month and meeting agendas are posted outside the Journey School Development Office 72 hours in advance. All are welcome!
The Foundation Board consists of the following members:
- T.J. Coveyou, President — Bio forthcoming.
- Colleen Patterson, Vice President — Colleen has 30 years of experience providing consulting services and support to K-14 school districts, including Assistant Superintendent and Chief Financial Officer, strategic planning, budget planning, management, finance and accounting analysis. She was named Business Official of the Year in 2008 by the Association of School Administrators. Her education includes an MBA in Finance from Chapman College, a BA in Business/Accounting from CSU Fullerton, and is a Certified Management Consultant. She is owner of CKZ Consulting, an educational and financial consulting firm.
- Rob and Linda McGee, Members — Rob and Linda are dedicated Journey parents who are passionate about education. When asked what they love most about Journey, they answered: “the freedom for people to be creative and active in the school.” Linda has put in volunteer hours as a handwork teacher for a full year, an assistant handwork teacher for another year, and she’s produced the Talent Show over the past 4 years. Rob is an Orange County entrepreneur in the technology field. Both Rob and Linda recognize Journey’s potential is boundless given the right energy and commitment: “Parents at Journey are very talented, educated and resourceful. Unlike traditional schools that might dissuade such involvement, Journey parents are able to make great things happen.”
- Amy Capelle, Chief Financial Officer — Amy’s specialty is in bringing structure, efficient processes, strategic focus, and proactive planning into organizations. Using effective communication and relationship building skills, she has established commitment and engagement in a variety of organizations worldwide including those in higher education, two Fortune 150 companies, and at Journey School. Amy’s education includes a degree in Finance from the University of Illinois and a Masters in Business Administration from the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.
- Michelle Spieker, Secretary — Michelle’s professional background includes entrepreneurial experience and serving as Director of Marketing for Deepak Chopra. Additionally, she is the author of The Cherished Self, as well as a speaker and workshop leader in the personal empowerment field. Most recently, Michelle’s focus has been to spearhead Journey’s imperative for a development office. Her volunteer passion is for Journey’s garden and ecology program, as she excels at creating and executing plans.
- Diana Graber, Member — Diana is a founding parent and currently Journey School’s New Media Literacy consultant. She has helped the program grow since its implementation. Diana is co-owner of Graber Productions, an Emmy award-winning film and video production company. She is the Co-Founder of CyberWise, an organization that helps parents and educators understand and use media tools to invigorate education. Diana has a B.A. in Communications Studies from UCLA and an M.A. in Media Psychology and Social Change from UCLA/Fielding Graduate University.
- Rachel Pradhan, Member — Bio forthcoming.
- Rosanna Coveyou, Former Member — Rosanna has 15 years of experience in finance, strategic planning, business development, strategy consulting, and marketing working for companies large and small including The Capital Group Companies, Johnson & Johnson, Deloitte Consulting, Merck and Newport Private Investments. Rosanna is also a graduate of the Riordan Leadership Institute, a training program which cultivates business professionals for lifelong service in the non-profit community. Her volunteer passions include serving as Chair for the University of Pennsylvania Alumni Interview program (South OC region), in an advisory role to the Arts and Science youth education program at the Wyland Foundation, and on the Journey School Foundation board. Rosanna’s education includes a Bachelors of Art in International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania, Masters in Business Administration and Masters in Public Health from Columbia University.
- Sue Ann Gonis, Member, Former Member — Sue Ann Gonis has over 20 years of experience as an executive in both corporate and non-profit organizations (including academia). In the past five years she has served as a professional coach for Chapman University’s (Orange, CA) Executive MBA students and their significant others. In addition, she also teaches a leadership program for the MBA students at Chapman University called the Edge. Sue Ann received her Bachelor of Arts Degree (Magna Cum Laude) in Business Administration from the University of Redlands, and her Master of Arts Degree in Organizational Leadership from Chapman University. Sue Ann is a Certified Co-Active® Professional Coach through The Coaches Training Institute, and she holds an accreditation as a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation. In addition, Sue Ann is a graduate of the Center for Right Relationship trained as an Organization and Relationship Systems Coach (ORSC).