One of the best ways to learn about Journey School is to join us for one of our Wednesday morning “Walk Through the Grades” tours where you will have a chance to visit the classrooms and participate in a discussion about Journey’s unique educational program. Since tours often fill up fast, please visit our enrollment website to reserve your spot.
Here’s a list of resources that we hope you will find helpful:
Journey School is proud to offer a series of parent education courses to our parents and community members. Please visit our Parent Education page for details.
JOURNEY SCHOOL STORE
The Oak and the Acorn Store offers parent education opportunities as well as an array of natural and handmade goods aligned with Waldorf education and Journey School community values. All proceeds from the volunteer-run store support Journey School through the Journey School Foundation. For more information about the Oak and the Acorn, visit theoakandtheacorn.net.
- Waldorf Education: Family Guide by Pamela Johnson & Karen L. Rivers
- Beyond the Rainbow Bridge by Barbara Patterson & Pamela Bradley
- Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne
- Understanding Waldorf Education: Teaching from the Inside Out by Jack Petrash
- Navigating the Terrain of Childhood: A Guidebook for Meaningful Parenting and Heartfelt Discipline by Jack Petrash
- Covering Home: Lessons on the Art of Fathering from the Game of Baseball by Jack Petrash
- How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by Paul Tough
- Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Dr. Martin Seligman
- Teach Your Children Well: Why Values and Coping Skills Matter More Than Grades, Trophies, or “Fat Envelopes” by Dr. Madeline Levine